- We open in the room with the "tongueless Drow fukboi", who is unwilling to let us pass. Velvet the Barbarian isn't here anymore (and we don't think that's important).
- We leave the Drow alone for now. We head back to the Wight room to search for alterenative routes that don't involve murdering. Kun Saldo finds a lfoor panel that seems to have an underground river beneath it. Eido "roughs up" the floor. It's not very effecctive.
- We choose another door to approach. Kun Saldo senses cooking.
- We choose another door to approach. Kun Saldo senses incense.
- Lucíen walks in. There is incesnse burning on a brazier. The room is appointed like a bedroom. Nobody is inside. We search the room and turn up a pouch of spell components.
- Kun Saldo points out that the fire is drugs, and extinguishes it. Not finding any secret exits, we leave the room.
- We turn a corner in the corridor and come across an elf hiding.
KS: Ho – what's your business here?
Elf: Hi, Bye, jus leaving. Some shit's going down. Someone is murdering everyone and a flood is coming, You should go find Kessa.
Lucíen: Which way is the downstairs?
Elf: Oh, to the dig? I thought they found the thing, and stopped. Is that what Kessa wants?
Lucíen: … yes?
- Lucíen recognizes the elf as "Boris" Yenjin. He had triedbeing an adventurer. He stole the feather and a note, and is leaving. He hands over the feather and a note.
- Grease suddenly covers the floor beneath us, and we roll for initiative! We turn around and see Kessa2 and a human in chainmail. Kun Saldo turns into a giant snek, and we seriously mess up their day while Boris runs away.
- Water starts flooding in from the direction that Boris ran from.
- In an obvious ploy to get to more treasure, Lucíen tries to get the tongueless fukboi to leave. The fukboi stands resilient.
- We run for the exits. When we get to the courtyard, a paladin battalion is waiting. Lucíen quietly steals the Kluka tube that Eido has been carrying. Some of the paladins are clearing the ground in front of the deep ruins, revealing a mosaic of a tree with several unusual objects hanging in its branches. (From left to right, there is a cup, a coin, a key, a feather, and a horn).
Captian Raiph: We're hear to take the oath breaker to trial.
Eido: The other one?
Raiph: No, you.
Eido: We're here on a mission from Lady Cressa!
Raiph: Cressa? Really?
Eido: Yeah! We're stopping a death bird cult.
Onari: … or their contractors or something
Raiph: The bird cult is only one branch of this tree.
Colibri recognizes the five items in the tree as iconography of five secular houses, nmot religious imagery.
People and half orcs start exiting from the flooding building. One of the half orcs is dragging Jamhand's body. (Jamhand being a werewolf from episode 1). Another looter is carrying away an urn of anti-magic-bog-much.
Raiph: These 5 icons relate to the five people who abused magic.
Eido: I wanna see sir stafford when we get back.
KS: Let's go back to Open Heart and talk to Cressa.
Raiph: She's, like, super missing. The staff can't find her, so we came for Eido instead.
Raiph: Eido, if you will come with Honor, I will escort you back to Open Heart.
Us: Kay. We need to go there to stop the Apocolypse anyways.
Raiph: You're defintely worrying about nothing. In order to start the apocalypse, you need:
- A descendant of the original 5, probably a virgin. (sidenote: Cressa, who is missing, probably is a descendant, and is of questionable unicorn status)
- A temple w/ 5 sarcophogi that nobody knows the location of
- 5 artifacts (we have the cup, coin, feather, Hero has the key, Cressa, who is missing, hid the horn)
- like, a grip of blood
- A sunken island of Minotaur-Düm (… okay, so maybe this one already happened and isn't a problem for the enemy)
- A double eclipse probably? Which is in like two days, so, no rush or anything
We head back to Open Heart. Kun Saldo can feel double-eclipse magic wonkiness already starting; the air seems tor crackle with power. On our way into the city we are stopped by a security detail. We overhear the guard telling Raiph that the Open-Heart staff casters believe that Cressa is still somewhere in Open Heart.
Raiph tells Eido that his Trial will be in several days; but the doom-eclipse is in two days, so maybe we'll worry about that later. For now, we go search Cressa's house. Kun Saldo turns into a god-damn saber-tooth tiger and smells that there have been creatures of several species tromping through the house. Smells like two male humans, Lady Cressa, and the drow witch Kessa. KS follows the scent to the catacombs, where he also picks up the smell of Hero.